But could anyone have really been so cruel as to name their daughter April, when their family name is Fool?
The Nebraska Ms. Fool has a relative by the name of Ima Fool, indicating a family with a sense of humor, or (more likely) someone filed a phoney form down at the local DMV.
- Charles Fool-Bear, and other assorted foolish animals: Foolbull, Foolscrow, and Fool Hawk, among them.
- According to CWSS, Dick Fool wore the Grey, and James Fool the Blue in the Civil War.
- Bepiah B. Foolchand once walked the earth, as did Mohssen Fooladjoush, Charles Foolkroynik and Edith Fooler.
- There's someone named Gold Fool and another named Fishin Fools.
- And according to Forces Reunited, there was once a British Soldier with the unlikely name of Tycloldicafoolo.
However, according to the Canadian Genealogy Centre, there are no Fools in Canada.
And no...I'm not fooling!
Don't forget to also check for your family history at Ancestry.com and NewspaperArchive. These are subscription databases, but they are among the most powerful research tools available for looking into family roots.